If you don’t want to go to the gym or you’re short on time, I have some workouts that are easy to do and can be done in your living room, on the terrace, or anywhere you like.
Starting to exercise is always beneficial for both your mental and physical health. It is also the key to losing weight and maintaining good overall health.
In this article, we will explore some simple indoor and outdoor workouts that are perfect for beginners.
Easy Exercises for Beginners – Indoor Workouts
This workout routine is simple and suitable for people who are new to exercising. It can be completed quickly by anyone.
Knee pushups are beneficial for strengthening the upper body, including the chest, abs, shoulders, and arms.
Start by doing knee pushups for a day or two, and then progress to doing toe pushups.
Benefits of Knee pushups
- Easy for beginners
- Improve upper body strength
- Good for joints
- Lie down as if you’re doing push-ups, but instead of being on your toes, be on your knees.
- Bend your elbows and lower yourself towards the ground.
- Push your body back up to the starting position.
- Repeat this exercise up to 12 times.
The plank is a very popular exercise that focuses on the muscles in your abdomen and core. Doing the plank for 30 to 60 seconds, three times a day, is enough.
Planking is also good for making your neck, arms, and shoulders stronger because you have to support your own body weight.
When you do the plank correctly, it strengthens various parts of your body including your spine, rhomboids, lats, trapezius, core muscles, quads, glutes, hamstrings, shoulders, and triceps.
If you’re a beginner, it’s recommended to try holding the plank for at least one minute in order to get the benefits of this exercise.
Benefits of plank
- Strengthens your core
- Improve flexibility
- Better metabolism
- Improves stability and posture
- Reduce belly fat and makes tummy tight
- Reduce back pain
- Lie down on your forearms, just like you see in the pictures. Make sure that your body is straight from your head to your feet.
- Make sure not to bend your lower back and hips. Stay in this position for at least 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Repeat this exercise at least three times, holding the position for 30 seconds to 1 minute each time.
Avoid doing planks if you have a shoulder injury.
If you’re new to planking, aim for at least 2 minutes. Beginners can start with 1 minute.
Crunches are a simple and well-known exercise for the stomach that beginners can easily do.
When done correctly, crunches work out all the different parts of your core at the same time. Specifically, they target the front muscles (rectus abdominis) and the side muscles (obliques).
Crunches are beneficial for developing strong core muscles, which can improve stability and performance.
Benefits of crunches
- Provide stability
- Strengthening your core
- Build muscles
- Better performance
- Do not require gym equipment
- Lie on your back and put your feet on the ground.
- Bend your knees and place your hands behind your head.
- When you’re going up, remember to breathe out and stay relaxed.
- Breathe in as you return to the starting position.
- Repeat this exercise at least 12 times, doing it four times in total.
The most effective workout for developing core muscles for people who are just starting out.
Chair workouts are a simple form of exercise for people who are new to working out. You can do many different exercises using a chair to help you.
Chair exercise like
- Chair push-ups
- Chair squats
- Tricep dips
- Seated leg raises
Benefits of chairs exercises
- Increased confidence and self-esteem
- Increased circulation
- Improve posture and balance
- Increased coordination
- Increased flexibility and strength
Get a strong chair and spend 10-15 minutes doing each exercise to enjoy the advantages.
Dancing is a simple and effective way to stay fit and lose weight.
Just 20 minutes of dancing can bring you numerous benefits and make you happy.
If you don’t feel like exercising, try putting on your favorite songs and dancing along with your favorite people.
Benefits of dancing
- Lose weight or maintain weight
- Improved health of your heart and lungs.
- Better coordination, agility, and flexibility.
- Increased strength, and overall stamina.
- Improved cardiovascular fitness.
- Improved strength and tone of your muscles.
Dancing sessions that last for 30 minutes are excellent for managing weight. Dancing can make us feel happier, more confident, and lighter, among other benefits.
Read more: Indoor exercises.
Easy Exercise for Beginners – Outdoor Workouts
Many people enjoy riding bicycles as their favorite outdoor exercise.
Cycling is a great way to lose weight and maintain good health.
Riding a bicycle has positive effects on our ability to burn fat, our body’s basic metabolic rate, and our muscle mass.
When you pedal up and down while cycling, you encounter resistance that helps in building muscle.
Benefits of Riding Bicycle
- Leg strength
- Good for beginners
- Improve mental health
- Positive start to a morning
- Help weight loss and maintain weight
Starting your day by riding a bicycle in the morning can be a wonderful way to begin. It helps you feel relaxed, happier and improves your mental health.
Doing 5-10 minutes of cardiovascular exercise every day can have a big impact on both your physical and mental well-being.
Running can help strengthen and tone your lower body, including your buttocks and more.
Running helps improve the muscles in your thighs (quadriceps), the back of your thighs (hamstrings), your calves, and your buttocks (glutes).
Benefits of running
- Improve cardiovascular fitness
- Burn fat more effectively
- Build strong muscle
- Finest Stress Reliever
- Boost your Confidence and Self-esteem
- Muscular your legs
- Help you to be an Athleticism
- Reduce the risk of cancer
- Help you sleep better
- Read more benefits of running
Running is the best type of exercise.
Running has many advantages for your body and mind. And all of these advantages come together to give you an extra bonus, which is a longer lifespan.
Try these easy exercises regularly to get the most out of them and aim to be consistent.
The more you stick to both indoor and outdoor activities, the healthier you will become.
Start with these exercises and then challenge yourself to do more. Consider going to the gym and lifting heavier weights.
Being fit brings many advantages such as improved health, and more.
Good fitness comes with lots of benefits like
- Makes us attractive
- Build our confidence
- Maximum life expectancy
- Weight loss
- Good mental health
- It gives you the power to be calm in every situation