Many of us don’t have time to make it to the gym and many of us want to lose weight but don’t want to go to the gym. So, here is the solution for both High-intensity interval training = HIIT.
The great thing about HIIT workouts is that they don’t require any equipment and you can do them anywhere. You also don’t need any gym memberships or instructors!
Some more benefits of HIIT:-
- Burn fat excessively
- Might build muscles
- Boost your metabolism for hours
What is HIIT?
HIIT workouts are any form of exercise that involves a quick, powerful burst of intense training followed by a less-intense period.
An example of HIIT,
- Use a treadmill to run. Start sprinting for 30 seconds and then walk for at least a minute or less.
- 30 seconds of sprinting followed by 1 minute of walking would be considered 1 repetition. You would complete 4 to 6 repetitions in one workout.
- That’s one reason HIIT workouts are so quick: It takes just 10 to 20 minutes. And we don’t have to struggle for 45 minutes on a boring treadmill.
HIIT workouts are a great way to get fit; let’s find out what more advantages we can get from HIIT.
Here are the benefits of HIIT
1. Lose Fat and Build Muscle
Nothing new in this, HIIT and weight training help you lose weight and build muscle easily.
HIIT workouts are known to be more effective for fat loss than other types of exercise. HIIT workouts also produce natural muscle-building anabolic hormones that can lead to lean muscle mass gains.
Also, HIIT workouts are a great form of exercise for people who are looking to burn fat and gain muscles at the same time.
Also Read: Weight Training for an Extreme Fat Reduction & Maximize General Health
Some of the HIIT workouts you can do:-
Jumping Jacks – Jumping Jacks is a great exercise to get your heart rate up. It is a cardio exercise that can also be used as an upper-body
- Start by standing with feet together and hands at your sides
- Bend your knees slightly
- Jump up in the air, bringing both arms out to the side as you jump
- As you land, bend your knees back into position and bring your arms back down to the side of their body
Related: Helpful Upper Body Fat Loss Workout For Beginners
Squats – HIIT squats are a great way to get your heart rate up while still toning your legs and helping you lose weight.
- Start with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Lower yourself down slowly, then jump up as quickly as you can, and back to the starting position.
- Repeat this for 30 seconds or 15 repetitions.
Also Read: Compound Exercises for Muscle Building and Strength
Sit-ups – Sit-ups are a great way to tone your stomach muscles and improve your overall fitness.
- Start by lying down on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Place your hands behind your head, keeping your elbows in.
- Brace your abdominal area, Inhale and use your upper body to curl up toward your knees, Try to touch your knees with your forehead.
- Exhale and come to the starting position by lower yourself back down slowly and under control.
- Repeat for the 20 repetitions.
Sprint Running – Sprint running, also known as high-intensity interval training (HIIT), is a form of exercise that alternates between periods of all-out effort and active recovery.
Sprint running has many benefits, including improved cardiovascular fitness, increased fat burning, and improved insulin sensitivity.
- Sprint for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- After your sprint, walk or jog slowly for 1-2 minutes to normalize your breathing before repeating the sprint.
- Repeat this cycle 5-10 times.
Burpees – Burpees are a full-body workout that tones your muscles and improves your cardiovascular fitness.
- Start in a standing position with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Lower into a squat position with your hands on the ground in front of you.
- Kick your feet back so you end up in a push-up position.
- Do one push-up, then quickly bring your feet back to the squat position. From there, jump up into the air with your hands above your head.
- Repeat this for 10-12 repetitions.
Related: Advantages of Burpees & How to do Burpees Exercise
HIIT Skipping – Skipping is a great way to get your heart rate up and improve your cardiovascular fitness.
Skipping is a weight-bearing exercise, it can also help to improve your bone density.
How to do HIIT Skipping
- Start skipping with small jumps and gradually increase the height of your jumps as you become more comfortable.
- Continue for 30 seconds to 1 minute and then rest for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Repeat this cycle for 10-15 minutes.
Related: Jumping Rope for a Healthy Lifestyle & Weight Loss
2. Burn more calorie
Aerobic activity or endurance training boosts your oxygen consumption or excess post-exercise oxygen consumption (EPOC).
While hitting the HIIT session, your oxygen consumption is increased the fastest way, which is when you burn a lot of calories. HIIT workouts also boost your metabolism and improve your endurance.
HIIT workouts have been shown to burn more calories than traditional cardio sessions. They also improve your endurance, which helps you with everyday tasks and workouts.
3. Speed up your Metabolism
Metabolic health is very important for your body as it helps with weight management and fat burning.
Although metabolic health doesn’t burn fat by itself, HIIT does stimulate the production of human growth hormone in our body that slows down the process of early aging.
Strength training helps increase human growth hormone.
4. No Equipment is Needed
First of all, there is no need for a gym membership and no equipment is needed at all.
All of these exercises like running, cycling, and skipping are great for HIIT.
You can increase your heart rate by doing exercises such as the ones below and benefit from HIIT.
Some of the no-equipment workouts to get you started.
- Russian twist
- Mountain climber
- Lunges and hops
- High knees
HIIT training is a great way to get in shape without having to go to the gym. HIIT workouts are short and intense, making them perfect for busy people.
5. Benefits of HIIT Keeps you Active
Obviously, HIIT sessions for 30 minutes not only provide health benefits but also make you active for the rest of the day.
Once your body is warmed up, you will burn more calories.
6. Do can do in your home
Likewise, High-intensity interval training doesn’t need equipment or a big place for working out.
And, we don’t have to go anywhere for people who don’t have much and for those who don’t want to go to the gym. We can do HIIT in our home, park, terrace, and so on.
7. HIIT can be Challenging
Challenging for those who are new to this or who have never tried HIIT. It’s just a short workout, maybe for about 30 minutes, but it can take all of your energy.
However, HIIT also provides many health benefits.
If you want to lose weight, burn fat, and improve your health, all you need to know is HIIT and implement it.
Whether you want muscle building and weight training, HIIT has all the positive aspects for that also.
HIIT can also help you to improve your stamina, increase your levels of human growth hormone and testosterone, and improve your overall health.
HIIT can be fun and very efficient it also guards your heart and controls your blood pressure.
These are the most positive outcome which I truly feel by hitting HIIT workouts, Hope you also gain the most out of it.
Also Read: How to Lose Love Handles
Suggested Reads: Pros and Cons of HIIT
Comments are closed.