What if I told you that drinking apple cider vinegar could help address your main worry about losing weight? It not only aids in weight loss but also provides numerous health benefits.
Apple cider vinegar is highly regarded for its various health advantages and has gained immense popularity as a drink worldwide.
I can count its benefit for you:-
- Boost metabolism
- Weight loss
- Suppress appetite
- Cure dandruff
- Skin toner
- Heal sunburn
- Lower blood sugar level
- Whiten teeth
- Cure diarrhea
- Help in the sour throat
- Remove pimple acne
In this article, I will attempt to explain things in a simpler manner. We will also explore the functioning and usage of apple cider vinegar for weight loss.
Let’s get started,
What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Let’s discover some scientific information here.
Apple cider vinegar is made by crushing apples and adding yeast to convert sugar into alcohol. Later, bacteria are added to the alcohol to create acetic acid.
Fermentation is the process of converting the sugar from crushed apples into alcohol by mixing it with yeast. After fermentation, bacteria are added to convert alcohol into acetic acid. The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar can help reduce belly fat and prevent fat buildup around the abdomen.
This is why apple cider vinegar is rich in acetic acid.
One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar contains only a few calories and no carbohydrates.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss Study
Consistently doing good things leads to success.
You have already seen many videos and listened to podcasts about transformations, and read a blog about using apple cider vinegar for weight loss.
- Now, let’s see what a study has suggested.
According to a study referenced from ScienceDirect, 39 randomly selected overweight or obese individuals consumed 30ml of apple cider vinegar per day for 12 weeks, along with a calorie-restricted diet of approximately 250kcal per day.
Researchers discovered several advantages of consuming apple cider vinegar, such as:
- Reduced overall body weight
- Have controlled BMI (body mass index).
- Reduction in hip circumference
- Controlled in appetite
- Have seen a significant decrease in cholesterol and Plasma triglyceride.
2. Another related study on apple cider vinegar has shown the desired result.
In that research, 144 overweight adults took part and were grouped into three categories.2
- According to similar body weight
- Body mass index (BMI)
- Waist circumference
Participants in the study drank apple cider vinegar with either 15ml or 30ml of vinegar or a placebo for 12 weeks. At the end of the study, the group that drank 30ml of apple cider vinegar lost around 4 pounds of body weight. The group that drank 15ml of ACV lost 2.5 pounds, while the placebo group gained some weight, although not a lot.
List of benefits that have noticed:
Result of consuming apple cider vinegar
- Reduction in body weight
- Body mass index
- Reduction in waist circumference
- Lower serum triglyceride (fat(lipid) which is found in the blood)
Final statement: Drinking apple cider vinegar regularly can be helpful in preventing strokes, heart diseases, and diabetes by reducing fat cells.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Health Benefits Study
Although apple cider vinegar (ACV) has been associated with proven weight loss, it has also been connected to various health benefits such as:
- In a study from 2013, it was suggested that drinking apple cider vinegar before meals can help reduce the blood sugar levels of healthy adults.3
- Another study focused on improving insulin sensitivity found that adding vinegar to a high-carbohydrate meal can help improve insulin sensitivity, which can help manage type-2 diabetes and lower blood pressure.4
- Also, experts suggest that apple cider vinegar not only helps you with weight loss but also lowers triglycerides and cholesterol.
- Apple cider vinegar for digestion is actually a proven statement for most individuals, however, there isn’t sufficient study.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Remember these important facts about acetic acid: it has magical effects and can quickly improve your health.
- Clean bacteria from your body
- Help your body to flush out bacteria, infections, and fungus.
- Lower your blood pressure
- It can assist in reducing blood pressure by balancing insulin levels and blood pressure. It is also beneficial for individuals with diabetes as it helps lower insulin levels.
- Prevent HDL cholesterol level
- ACV prevents lousy cholesterol level
- Helps in weight loss
When you add one tablespoon of ACV after every meal, you will eventually notice that it helps control your appetite for a few hours. This is how you can manage your cravings and consume fewer calories.
Incorporating approximately two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar into your daily routine, either by drinking it or using it as a salad dressing, is a beneficial habit that can enhance your overall health.
It’s important to remember that apple cider vinegar has the following qualities/effects:
- High in antioxidants
- Controlled appetite
- Protect you from cancer
- Promote metabolism
Apple Cider Vinegar Nutrition Facts
Apple cider vinegar is low in calories and does not contain any significant amounts of macronutrients like protein, fat, or carbohydrates. It is also free of sugar and fiber.
- Calories: 3
- Protein: 0 grams
- Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 0.1 grams
- Fiber: 0 grams
- Sugar: 0 grams
Dosage of ACV
The easiest way to include apple cider vinegar in your diet is by using it as a dressing for salads. However, many people prefer to drink it as a beverage.
To consume it, you can mix 1-2 tablespoons (15ml to 30ml) with warm water. It is important not to drink too much.
You can have apple cider vinegar in the morning right after waking up. Dilute one tablespoon of ACV with a glass of warm water and wait for 10 minutes after having lunch.
Alternatively, if you prefer, you can take a shot of ACV. Drinking ACV can help with faster weight loss.
According to various studies, apple cider vinegar can assist people in avoiding problems like obesity, heart attacks, cancer, and other diseases.
Nonetheless, excessive intake of anything can have negative effects, and consuming too much apple cider vinegar can also lead to undesirable outcomes.
Here are six potential side effects you might experience if you consume apple cider vinegar excessively:
- Troubled indigestion
- Tooth decay
- Skin burns
- uncomfortable throat
- Risk of gastroparesis
- Lower potassium level
If you consume too much apple cider vinegar, you may experience these significant side effects.
Apple cider vinegar offers many health benefits, such as helping to prevent obesity, lowering cholesterol and blood sugar levels, and more.
When you take care of yourself by exercising, eating well, and getting enough sleep, apple cider vinegar can be a helpful addition to your routine.
Incorporating a moderate amount of apple cider vinegar into your daily routine is safe and beneficial.
Comments are closed.